When does the Houseleague season start?
• Our house league box program is played on consecutive Saturdays beginning April 18, 2020. The season will conclude on the weekend of June 19 – June 20 (inclusive) with our Gord Lyons Weekend of Champs round robin tournament.
• The season will begin with 2 clinics (April 4 and April 11, 2020). The clinics are designed to teach new players the basic fundamentals and to reinforce the skills of the returning players.
• After the clinic, the players will be assigned to a team. Players will be contacted via email after the conclusion of the clinic, notifying them which team they have been drafted to. Regular season game play will then begin.
*** PLEASE NOTE: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY TOWN OF HALTON HILLS ***
When does the season end?
• The season concludes with the Gord Lyons Weekend of Champs Tournament , June 19 - 20 (inclusive). The Weekend of Champs will be held over the course of a weekend. Friday and Saturday. All other games will be scheduled on Saturday's only for the duration of the season.
Where are the games played?
• Our program is run at MoldMasters Arena in Georgetown.
When are the practices scheduled?
• We know how busy young families can be, so we don’t ask our parents to come out on a separate night for a practice. We try to accommodate as best we can by running practices 20-30min prior to the start of each game on Saturday.
How old does a child have to be to play?
• Our Peanut program begins for any child born in 2017.
What is the expectation for the Peanut program?
• The Peanut program is a intended to be an introduction to Lacrosse.
• It is a soft lacrosse program with a focus on fun and friendship!
My son/daughter is just starting out – is there a place for him/her?
• Absolutely! The goals of the Houseleague Program are to have fun and to learn the game of lacrosse. You’re never too old to start playing Canada’s National Sport. Everyone is welcome in every division!
Does everyone play equally? What if my son/daughter is not as good as other kids?
• The goals of our Houseleague program are to have fun and learn this great game. Our philosophy is that all the kids play equally.
Can I sign up my child with a friend?
• Our goal is to make equally balanced and competitive teams. As a result, not all requests may be met. But we will do our best to accommodate.
|Birth Year||Box Division|
|2017 / 2016||Peanut|
|2015 / 2014||Paperweight|
|2013 / 2012||Tyke|
|2011 / 2010||Novice|
|2009 / 2008||Peewee|
|2007 / 2006||Bantam|
|2005 / 2004||Midget|